Vila Melnik Winery is open for wine tours and tastings every day.
- Our friendly tour guides will take you on a journey through our production facilities and lead a professional wine tasting for you.
- We speak English, Russian, Spanish and Greek
- Our tasting room has one of the best views in the region
- You will have the chance to visit our underground cellar, located deep under the sandy hill, where our barrels and bottles age
- You can visit the vineyards and take part in the vine growing process during pruning and harvest seasons
- Nearby, you have many tourist sites to visit for the lovers of culture, archaeology, history, nature, adventure, spa, and gastronomy.
- We are conveniently located only 2.5hrs from Sofia and 1.5hr from Thessaloniki, with easy access from highway E79
- We have a large parking, also suitable for caravans
- The winery is accessible to people in wheelchairs or who walk with difficulty
- We can make you dream of a wedding in the vineyards come true. We can be the perfect location for your private or corporate event
Wine Cellar Villa Melnik is a family-owned producer of brave wines from indigenous and international grapes with a distinct Melnik character. We own 30 hectares of vineyards near the town of Melnik and a modern winery, which is open for visitors every day.
Our new, modern winery opened doors in the spring of 2013.
Our winery’s capacity is 250 tonnes of grapes per year. It is built on three levels, and the cellars are dug into the sandy hill. The wine-making process is organized so that the flow of the wine moves by the force of gravity through the three levels of the building. In addition to being extremely energy efficient, this method allows us to treat the wine gently, without putting unnecessary stress on the grapes, and maintaining the wine’s natural structure.
The winery is equipped with state-of-the-art vessels from leading Bulgarian and international producers. Our stainless steel fermenters vary in capacity from 100 liters to 10 tonnes. We have a pneumatic wine press with a central membrane and a fully automatic bottling machine with a 600 bottles per hour capacity. Our winery has a modern laboratory where we analyse the grapes and the wine.
The aging of our top wines takes place in underground cellar-tunnels, which go deep into the sandy hill behind the winery. These tunnels maintain constant temperature and humidity throughout the year.
All winelovers can enjoy our wines and the gorgeous views from our tasting room.